RICS Registered Valuers
* Building Surveys
* Private Home Buyer Surveys
* Flat Lease Extensions
* Expert Witness Reports
* Charities Act Valuations
* Restrictive Covenants
* Listed Buildings Advice
* Tax Valuations
* Schedules of Condition
* Project Management
* House Finding
The data controller is R A Jones, Dunmore Court, Wootton Road, Abingdon, Oxfordshire, OX13 6BH.
To ensure your privacy is protected, we adhere to the following policy:
Collecting personal information
We may collect and process the following data about you:
• Information you give us by dealing with us by telephone, email or otherwise. The information you give us may include name and address, bank account information and email addresses.
• Information we may collect from your use of our website: With regard to each of your visits, we may automatically collect technical information, such as the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your device to the internet, whereabouts you connected to our service, your internet service provider (ISP), and what type of device you are using to access our service.
• Information we receive from other sources: although this is restricted to referrals.
Why do we collect this information?
We use this information in the following ways:
• In order to take steps necessary to assess whether we can enter into a contract with you and in order to perform our contract with you. This includes carrying out our obligations to you and providing you with our services.
• For the purpose of improving our service to you, to ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner to you and for your device.
• To deal with any legal queries relating to your use of our service.
• To provide you with service communications so that you receive a full and functional service and so we can perform our obligations to you. These may be sent by email, post or telephone. These will include notifications about changes to our service.
Information we collect throughout our relationship:
• We will use this information to help us provide you with our services.
How long do we keep hold of your information?
If you use our services, we need to keep information about you for a minimum of 15 years unless obligations to our regulators require otherwise or we are required or requested to remove such data from our records.
If you do not use our services, we will not retain your information and it will usually be removed after 12 weeks.
Who do we share your information with?
As a general rule, we will never share your information. However, there may be some occasions when this is required. These are as follows:
• In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
• If we are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its clients will be one of the transferred assets.
How is your data stored and kept secure?
All information is stored on secure servers.
Our office systems are firewalled and protected against viruses and malware. All data passing between the site and servers under our direct control is encrypted.
What are your rights?
Where processing of your personal data is based on consent, you can withdraw that consent at any time by contacting us at: Langtons Chartered Surveyors, Dunmore Court, Wootton Road, Abingdon, Oxfordshire, OX13 6BH. The principal reasons for approaching us in this context are likely to be as follows:
• To ask us not to process your personal data where it is processed on the basis of legitimate interests provided that there are no compelling reasons for that processing.
• To ask us not to process your personal data for scientific or historical research purposes, where relevant, unless the processing is necessary in the public interest.
• To request from us access to personal information held about you.
• To ask for the information we hold about you to be rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
• To ask for data to be erased provided that the personal data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected; you withdraw consent (if the legal basis for processing is consent); you exercise your right to object and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for processing; the data is unlawfully processed; the data needs to be erased to comply with a legal obligation.
• To ask for the processing of that information to be restricted if the accuracy of that data is contested, the processing is unlawful, the personal data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or you exercise your right to object (pending verification of whether there are legitimate grounds for processing).
• To ask for data portability if the processing is carried out by automated means and the legal basis for processing is consent or contract.
Should you have any issues, concerns or problems in relation to your data, or wish to notify us of data which is inaccurate, please let us know by contacting us using the contact details above. In the event that you remain dissatisfied, you have the right to lodge a complaint with The Information Commissioner’s Office (https://ico.org.uk).
Prepared by R A Jones May 2018
Telephone: 01235 535754 - Mobile: 07710 326576 - EMail: